Why advertise with us?
When Mark Zuckerberg, co-founder and CEO of Facebook, announced in 2017 that he was no longer satisfied with just connecting the world so that people could pass around baby pictures, fake news or hate symbols, he meant it. He wanted to bring about more meaning to its now nearly 𝟮.𝟴 𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗼𝗻 users by shepherding them into online groups that bring people together with common passions, problems and ambitions.
Why? To keep people on Facebook longer. And for interactions to be more meaningful.
That resonated with us. At the beginning of 2019, we gradually introduced the concept of promoting & advertising local business within our existing online community group that was originally established in 2014.
Our criteria was advertising space within the group would be reserved for businesses listed on this directory.
Why? Firstly, to assure our members that our directory listings would be vetted. Doing so, we were making sure the businesses they would be engaging with were credible & trustworthy.
Secondly, since we would be charging a nominal fee for listings which included managing the process of promoting these businesses online, it would swiftly eliminate any “fly-by night” opportunists.
One of the main problems with groups that are solely dedicated to providing advertising space on Facebook is that the majority of viewers are in fact the users, i.e advertisers. They are not consumers. Consumers are active in community groups where there is content that is relevant & entertaining. Content that is interesting and allows them to engage and feel connected within the community.
Besides the advantages any general online business directory would offer, we’ve taken it up a notch.
We introduce your listing to our social media platforms (Facebook & Instagram), we refer your listing within other community groups as and when required and we provide you with pre-approval access within our community channels in order for you to promote and advertise your business.
We invest an enormous amount of time within these community channels, ensuring that our members are not spammed with advertising and we moderate content.
Maintaining a healthy balance between advertising & informative, interesting & entertaining content is crucial to membership retention.
It’s a win-win!
We also regularly promote the directory on social media, both Facebook & Instagram via paid sponsored advertising. These campaigns drive traffic to your listings.
Essentially, our objective is targeting a relevant audience, i.e. frequent and loyal customers, we engage regularly, providing a proactive, informative and positive approach to shopping and supporting local businesses within online communities.
Other benefits of online advertising
1. Your audience is targeted with almost immediate exposure to 50000+ active consumers.
2. Online advertising is fast, trackable and flexible.
3. Increase conversions: Drive traffic to your own website via your listing and promote your daily, weekly or monthly specials.
4. Increase brand awareness, credibility & trust.
5. Immediate on-line presence – if your business does not have a website or social media page/account (although we would strongly recommend it) – your basic listing includes all the relevant business information required in order to provide your customer with an opportunity to engage and interact with you quickly and efficiently.
6. It’s so affordable.
Who should advertise?
Any business in South Africa that services a market within the Western Cape.
For more info & verified stats for our Instagram and Facebook platforms, email us for a copy of our detailed Media Kit. firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you ready to list your business?
If so, the process is easy.
- Click on the link below and select your package.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your order.
- Process payment and send us the Proof of payment.
- We will send you a link to complete your listing data, send it back to us with your images (logo/header/menu/special promotions, essentially any graphic images you would like uploaded to your listing), and we will do the rest.
Once your listing is ready, (depending on our work load, it takes about 24hrs), we will send you a link to your listing for you to make any changes. Once you are 100% happy and you have approved the listing, we will publish and promote.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with us.
We’re really looking forward to welcoming you on board with us!