Hi I’m Samantha.
Baker and creator of elegant wedding cakes, custom cakes, sweet treats, sugar florist and teacher.
In the market for a custom wedding or celebration cake?
Need some treats or sugar flowers to top your own creation?
Want to learn/sharpen your sugar craft skills?
I’m your gal!
Need a quotation on a custom cake?
Here’s all the information I need in order to provide you with a full quotation as fast as possible:
When is your function?
- This is one of the most important questions I ask when we discuss your cake. This will allow me to confirm my availability as well as give me an indication of how much time I will have to complete your order
How many servings does your cake need to provide?
- I ask this so I know what size cake to give you a quotation on. My cakes usually consist of 4 layers with 3 layers of filling. They are ,on average, around 15cm tall. The last thing we want is for you to end up with a cake too big resulting in it going to waste and you having feelings of being overcharged or too little cake and there is not enough for all your guests.
What are your favourite flavour(s)?
- I offer a wide variety of cake flavours and fillings. Though the flavour of your cake does not alter the price of your cake, I ask this to determine if I will be able to assist you. Some of my cake flavours and fillings are seasonal only. Please see below for a few cake flavour and filling options. Didn’t see your fav? Please do not hesitate to enquire about your fav, more often than not I am able to assist.
- Some popular cake flavours I offer are – French vanilla, Chocolate fudge, Red velvet, carrot & pecan nut, lime & coconut, lemon poppy, hummingbird, vanilla funfetti, caramel mud cake
- Some popular cake fillings I offer are – chocolate ganache (white, milk,dark chocolate) French vanilla SMBC, cream cheese, salted caramel, lemon SMBC, coconut ganache, strawberry milkshake SMBC, vanilla ice cream SMBC, caramel SMBC
What is the theme of your cake?
- This is probably the most exciting part of ordering a custom cake. There is a misconception that the moment a cake is labeled ‘custom’ it becomes more expensive. This is not true.
- So, when we discuss your cake design I ask for reference pictures, design elements from your invitation or decor and colour swatches if you are set on a particular colour. I rarely, if ever, just copy a cake from another baker. I would prefer to design and put something together that is exclusive to you. We will discuss all this and you will sign off on the final look of the cake before your order is made.
Any allergies or dietary restrictions I need to be aware of?
- To protect yourself as the host and myself as the service provider, it is important to note any allergies or dietary restrictions.
What time do you require collection or delivery?
- The final step in discussing your cake. If delivery is required, I ask for the full delivery address so we can work out a delivery fee. The time of delivery/ collection is also very important. As I have a few orders going out daily for delivery or collection, I have a schedule to make the process of collection or delivery as trouble free as possible for all involved.
Ready to place your order? I’d love to hear from you.